Sunday, August 8, 2010

Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration? Where does it find you?

I admit it: I am incredibly lucky. I am the mother of two amazing little girls who delight, amuse, and exasperate me on a daily basis. Never a dull moment with these two.

Most of my little poems are inspired by them. It might be something they said, their favorite toys, or just the way in which their hair wildly tumbles and tangles down their backs as I brush it in the morning. That is how I came upon the metaphor for this poem:

‘Do

By Núria Coe

Wavy waterfalls come crashing

On a foamy, roaring bed,

Curly thunderclouds are looming

Over rainforests of red.

Raging tempests o’er the ocean

Threatening every boat at sea,

Ravaging the frizzy surface

In a wild, tumultuous spree.

Higher up, atop this frenzy

These crazed locks begin to slow,

As they’re held in place, quite neatly,

By a humble, tiny bow.


So? What inspires YOU? What tickles your funny/sad/thoughtful bone? Is it your personal experience? Those of others? Your surroundings?

Thanks for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.